Our association gafca - German Association for Central Asia e.V. - was founded in 2018 and stands for cultural exchange, information, cooperation and solidarity between Germany and Central Asia.
The non-profit association was founded by people with different cultural and professional backgrounds who feel connected to Germany and the countries of Central Asia.
The purpose of the association is the promotion
- of art and culture,
- of national and vocational education,
- international understanding,
- development cooperation,
- help for those persecuted politically, racially or religiously, for refugees and victims of war and disaster
with reference to Central Asia.
The main focuses of our work are:
- Education and information work in Germany,
- Strengthening international understanding,
- Accompanying refugees from Central Asia in Germany,
- Support for people in Central Asia through development cooperation projects.